Path To Purchase
Millennial cosmetic shoppers love to experiment with colors, trends, and flex with the seasons. What they don’t love are messy cosmetic drawers, unorganized makeup bags, and shopper confusion at the shelf when looking for organizational solutions. For this example, our client needed account-specific and real-time promotional and packaging feedback.
- Shopper insights that identified customer opportunities in aisle, pinpointed shopper confusion, and unearthed packaging challenges.
- In-market shopalongs
- Real-time packaging and promotion feedback
- In-home digital surveys
- Brand loyalty and preference identification
- Loud and clear need to drive awareness
The modern day crafter has a cornucopia of crafting supplies at her fingertips and often all it takes is a quick click of button and most of her needs arrive at her doorstep days later. For this example, our client needed account-specific shopping frustrations and delights for emerging hobbyists and aging enthusiasts.
- Shopper insights that assessed the set in relation to the entire crafting department and potential missed opportunities specific to their category.
- In-aisle assessments
- Verbatim feedback
- Home photo collection of crafting spaces
- Awareness and communication gaps
- In-aisle ideas and inspirations
- Forward-thinking category thought leadership
Online vs. Brick & Mortar
Gaming involves more than a comfy chair, a screen, and a bag of potato chips. Purchase decisions often involve the gamer, the gifter, and the gatekeeper. And, depending on the age of the gamer, purchase decisions are often quite difficult to navigate. For this example, our client needed to understand the online and offline purchase and influence behaviors of these three decision makers.
- Shopper insights that identified online vs. brick & mortar shopping decisions in emerging generations.
- Qualitative in-home research
- Retailer shopalongs and departmental intercepts
- Facilitated shopper panels of emerging generations
- Shopper feedback on in-store and online offers
- Clarity on gifter shopping habits
Oftentimes an account-specific client needs to know the purchase mindset when it comes to their account. National shopper insights won’t always apply to every retailer. For this example, our client needed to understand floral purchases, motivation, and barriers for a quick-turn buyer meeting for a data-poor category with outdated research.
- Shopper insights to assess color preference and impact of bloom stage and size and how it relates to holiday and seasonality.
- Shopper sessions
- In-store assessments
- Shopper verbatim and in-aisle photos
- Actionable opportunities in-store